September 03, 2013
Star Parking Donates Use of Facility for 9/11 Memorial Climb
On Sept. 7, Star Parking will donate the use of three of its parking lots to support the Dallas 9/11 Memorial Stair Climb.
On Sept. 7, Star Parking will donate the use of three of its parking lots to support the Dallas 9/11 Memorial Stair Climb. On this day, 343 firefighters and 70 police officers will climb up 110 floors of the Renaissance Tower, located in downtown Dallas’ central business district, to honor the first responders who died on September 11, 2001.
Star Parking’s Lot 20, located at 1101 Pacific Avenue, and Lot 12, located at 1205 Patterson Street will be used for various event activities and to display a variety of firefighting equipment. In addition, the company will donate the use of Lot 43, located at 1200 Ross Avenue, for free participant and volunteer parking.
Each year, selected firefighters and police officers participate in the Dallas 9/11 Memorial Stair Climb. They carry more than 30 pounds of gear and a photo of a first responder who died in the World Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001. The firefighters leave the photos at the top of the tower before returning to their families and friends.
“It’s important to take time and thank our first responders, especially around the anniversary of Sept.11,” said Michael H. Anderson at Star Parking. “Offering our parking lots to these climbers is more than a simple donation, it’s a way to show our appreciation and give back to those who put their life on the line to keep us safe every day." For more information about the Dallas Stair Climb, please visit www.dallasstairclimb.com.
About Star Parking
Operating under the brand name Star Parking in Dallas and Indianapolis and Parking Company of America (PCA) in Columbus, Cincinnati, Ft. Lauderdale and Atlanta, PCA focuses on integrity and attention to detail. Organized in 1967 and incorporated in 1974 in Atlanta, PCA has over four decades of experience in the parking industry, including off-site airport parking division Fast Park. PCA was started by Manuel Chavez, Sr. and his sons Manuel and Robert Chavez, when they consolidated their existing proprietorship and partnership entities into a single corporation. The integration of the Chavez’s progressive management philosophy with their operational expertise spurred the development of PCA into one of the largest, privately owned parking operations in the United States. Today PCA continues to be owned and managed by the Chavez family as a one hundred percent minority owned company.